Greeting

For Cloth Diapering Working Moms Everywhere!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Snap Conversions

As the experienced cloth-diapering moms out there are aware, Bumgenius recently discontinued their 3.0 line, and announced the new 4.0s. One of the major developments with the new line: snaps. As a snap-loving mom, I was really excited about this new development. My biggest gripe with the Bumgenius 3.0s was definitely the lack of a snap options.

Now some of you may be asking, "What's the big deal with snaps?" I imagine that the answer differs for every mom, but for me it's the simple fact that my son has now learned how to unfasten the velcro on his diapers. Cute as his little bum is when he runs around naked, I would much prefer the nakedness to occur when I deem it appropriate, rather than whenever he feels like it.

The problem I was left with, though, is that I had a whole stash of Bumgenius 3.0s with velcro. I wasn't about to replace my entire 3.0 stash with the new 4.0s with snaps -- I'm not made of money after all! I found instructions on how to do a snap conversion myself, but even that estimated that it would take about an hour per diaper. I had 11 diapers to convert! As a lawyer, I know my hourly rate, and I can tell you that it just wasn't worth it. Luckily, I found this great WAHM-business that would convert my velcro Bumgenius 3.0 diapers to snaps. For a fraction of what it would have cost me to purchase the 4.0s, I was able to ship all my 3.0 diapers off to Utah, have them converted to snaps, and then a couple of weeks later the converted diapers showed up on my doorstep.

She did a great job with the conversion, and I now have the benefits of the new Bumgenius 4.0s with snaps without the price tag! I've been really happy with my converted diapers, so if anyone out there is ready to toss in their 3.0s for 4.0s because of the snap issue, consider saving yourself some bucks, support a work-at-home-mom, and try Convert My Diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment